“C” is for cookie it’s good enough for me..”C” is for cookie it’s good enough for me…”C” is for cookie it’s good enough for me…Cookie, cookie, cookie rhymes with “C”. Well at least Cookie monster thinks so!
One of my childhood favorites were these loaded Monster cookies, fresh from the oven, warm and melty with a tall glass of milk…Ooh… now I’m getting hungry!
What you will need:
1 1/2 Cups dark brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 Cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy…you be the judge)
2 tsp baking soda
4 1/2 Cups GF rolled oats ( like Bob’s Red Mill) ( I like to put the oats in a food processor or blender and make it like flour)
1 1/2 Cups of “STUFF” ( 1/2 C choc chips, 3/4 C M &M’s, 1/4 C Peanut butter or butterscotch chips) * you choose the STUFF you like*
preheat oven to 350°
- cream butter, peanut butter and sugar
- add eggs one at a time
- add vanilla and salt
- add oats and baking soda
- mix well to combine
- add the “STUFF” and mix to fully incorporate
- line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and scoop dough leaving about 1-2 inches of space between each round
- gently press the top of the round to slightly flatten
- bake for 10-15 minutes, tops should be lightly golden brown
- remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack
I hope the cookie monsters in your life enjoy these as much as mine do!