Shopping for groceries can be time-consuming enough, let alone having to read all the labels to verify if the product you are needing in your favorite recipe contains Gluten or not. Many Soup and Rice dishes can use a chicken stock for a base and well they are not all equal, and in fact you wouldn’t think that Gluten would be present in any of them. That is where you are wrong. I stumbled upon this website while searching for Gluten free products I could use in some of my favorite recipes and thought I would pass this information along to you all.
Clearing up the confusion on which brands are gluten-free.
- Better Than Bouillon Chicken Base
- Herb Ox Sodium Free Chicken Granulated Bouillon (also dairy free)
- Herb Ox Chicken Instant Bouillon and Seasoning
- Imagine Organic Free Range Chicken Broth, Organic Low Sodium Free Range Chicken Broth, Organic Chicken Cooking Stock – all natural ingredients
- Kitchen Basics Chicken Broth – all natural ingredients
- Pacific Foods Natural Free Range Chicken Broth, Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth, Organic Free Range Chicken Broth – all natural ingredients
- Progresso 100% Natural Chicken Broth and Reduced Sodium, 32 oz. box
- Swanson’s Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- Swanson’s Natural Goodness Chicken Broth 100% Fat Free Less Sodium
- Safeway Chicken Broth but contains MSG
- Safeway Chicken Broth Fat Free Reduced Sodium
TRADER JOE’S – Not all T.J.’s broths are gluten free! Only:
- Trader Joe’s Organic Free Range Chicken Broth and Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
Fall will be fast approaching, this should help in all your soup endeavours?