If there is one dessert that makes my mouth water, It is cheesecake. Something I never though much about as a kid. I was convinced that it was an acquired taste, until my own kids devoured their first piece. To this day give them the option of cake or cheesecake…they will more than likely answer cheescake, unless it is turtle cheesecake. (my youngest says she doesn’t like turtle cake, she hasn’t quite figured out that there are not actual turtles made with it :))
I first tried this recipe while I was at a friends home party and immediately fell in LOVE with it. I HAD to make it for my husband, who is also a cheesecake fanatic. I substituted a few ingredients to make it gluten free and voila…from my sweet tooth to yours!
What you will need:
1 Cup gluten free graham cracker crumbs
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp butter
4 8oz packages of cream cheese
1 Cup sugar
3 tbsp AP gluten free flour
1 Cup sour Cream
1 tbsp Vanilla
- combine crumbs, sugar and butter
- press into the bottom of a 9″ springform pan
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and flour
- mix on medium speed until well blended
- add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Blend in sour cream and vanilla; pour over crust
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 250°; continue baking for 1 hour
- Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim. chill
- Top with your favorite toppins just before serving.