Not spandex folks…Expandex, although with this great product you may need to grab you spandex!
Expandex® modified tapioca starch is a revolution in gluten-free baking. It enhances the texture and appearance of bakery applications so those living a gluten-free lifestyle can enjoy the foods they love. Pizza, cookies, bread—it’s all possible with Expandex®.
Features & Benefits
Expandex® modified tapioca starch is an ingredient unlike any available to the gluten-free market today. It enhances gluten-free products and recipes to make eating an exciting and enjoyable experience.
- Unique expansion properties for the creation of structures and textures similar to wheat counterparts
- Excellent water binding and freeze-thaw properties
- Clean flavor
- Enhances the appearance, texture and flavor of bakery products
- Creates a moist and expanded crumb—texture similar to regular bread
- Improves food’s crispy texture in baking applications
- Can reduce the amount of gums needed
- Extends shelf life as compared to existing gluten-free alternatives
- Brings out the natural flavor of bakery products
Start experimenting today and take Gluten-free to a whole new level!
PS. all information was taken from the Expandex website.